A reminder

My website is finally up and running and this is also the beginning for this blog!
I still have a lot to add to the site, but I feel like I got enough for a good start. I was so nervous to start sharing it, but now I think I'll survive.


I feel like the website that I've been working on the last month or so has been important for me to do in more than one way. The main idea was to be able to interact with other people with similar interest in homesteading, but it's also going to work as a diary for me to go back to as I keep working on the things I want to accomplish. Sometimes you just have to be reminded of what you've done and where you're headed.

Sadly enough, the website doesn't have any function for comments. I really like that it's so easy to use and therefor I decided to continue to work on the website and also write a blog on a different site. I'll link every post I make and this blog is also where people can leave comments.

I really like how homesteading and the idea of making more for me and my family has changed the way I look at life. I've done small changes and also bigger changes as I progress into this mindset. It's hard not to be affected when someone opens a door and you find yourself taking another path in your life. I did that, in very small ways at first, but now I'm starting to see how much this can change everything I do and the purpose of doing them.

It started with the idea of growing our own food so that I can support my family in other ways than making money, but it didn't stop with that. I'm more determent than ever to reach the goals I've set up for myself, but it also changed the way I see myself and how I always thought I didn't do enough.
With all the things I've done so far I've learned to feel more content being where I'm at right now and it feels like I put more effort on things that are important.

I usually do a lot at home, but this christmas has been a challange due to a couple of very stubborn colds. With the family gathered at home and no obligations we fell into a slow pace during all the holidays. I almost forgot what my goals are, but now with the work I've been putting into this site and this blog I started to remember why I love to do the things I do and how it makes me feel.

So today I made chocolate cereals and "energybars" for my kids. Tomorrow it's a workday so I'll probably won't get all that much done at home, but I'm quite happy about what I've done today.

What have you been up to today?

Until next time, be well.
//S

Comments

Popular Posts